AnyLogic Support Services include:
- Upgrades and updates — you can download and install all AnyLogic versions, released during your Support Services License period.
- Technical support — you can ask AnyLogic Support Team any questions regarding AnyLogic and your models.
Having purchased AnyLogic, you get one year free subscription to the software support services. When this license expires, you can always renew it by purchasing one more year of maintenance and technical support.
The information about the Support Service License’s expiration date is easily accessible.
Support Services License allows you to download and install all AnyLogic versions, released during your Support Services License period.
How to know that a new version is released?
When a new version is released, the information dialog box is shown in AnyLogic offering you to download and install the new version from the web site (see the figure below). Click Go to web site and download to start downloading the new AnyLogic version from the AnyLogic web site.
You can switch off the automatic check of updates off by clearing the checkbox Check for updates on AnyLogic startup. Having done this, you will need to check for updates yourself by choosing Check for Updates from the AnyLogic Help menu.
The AnyLogic Support Services License allows you to ask AnyLogic Support Team any questions regarding AnyLogic and your models during the License period.
AnyLogic Support Team will try to answer all questions in details. Sometimes they may ask you to send them your model to fix the problems there by themselves.
To send a question to the AnyLogic Support Team, you can use the AnyLogic Support dialog that can be opened by clicking the Get Support... toolbar button.
To send a question to the AnyLogic Support Team
- Type the message in the text box.
If needed, attach the model file to the message:
- Click the down arrow for Model to select a model. In the model tree you can select or clear the selection from files. Click Submit when you are finished with choosing a model. The files will be packed to zip archive and sent to our support team.
- You can attach any other files (or the model files) to the message. Choose the file you want to attach using the Browse... button to the right of the Attach another file field.
There is a 30 MB limitation on the file size.
- Enter your e-mail address in the Reply to E-mail box.
Send the message by clicking Submit. You will see whether the message was successfully sent, or not. If everything was OK, complete the operation by clicking Finish. If something went wrong, return to the previous page by clicking Back, change the Connection settings... and then try to send the message again. In the case you use proxy, select the Use Proxy check box in the Connection settings... window and define the settings in the Http proxy and Port edit boxes. If required, specify Login and Password.
When AnyLogic Support Services License expires, you can always renew it by purchasing one more year of maintenance and technical support.
The simplest way to initiate the renewal procedure is to choose Renew Maintenance and Support from the AnyLogic Help menu. This will open the web page offering you to fill the order for the AnyLogic Support Services License. Please contact AnyLogic Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions regarding the license renewal.
The update procedure will vary depending on your activation mechanism:
- Having purchased the Support Services License renewal, you should get a new activation key by e-mail. You should activate AnyLogic with this key. Open the AnyLogic Activation Wizard by choosing Help > Activate Product from AnyLogic menu.
- On the first page of the Wizard, select the option Enter a Permanent key that you received by e-mail, and then click Next.
- On the second page of the Wizard, enter your personal unlock key you have received by e-mail (copy it from the e-mail into the Clipboard and then paste it into the form by clicking the Paste from clipboard button). Click Next when finished.
- The next page of the wizard will tell you whether the activation was successful. If something went wrong, click Back and try to enter the activation key again. Otherwise, if activation was successful, click Finish.
- Having purchased the Support Services License renewal, you should receive the purchase confirmation email from our Support Team. Please save the attached .ld file(s) to a folder on your hard drive. The name of the file corresponds with the number of the dongle.
- Download the latest version of AnyLogic from: anylogic.com/downloads.
- Insert the dongle into the USB slot of your PC or laptop.
Run AnyLogic. The activation wizard will show up automatically, please choose the Update the firmware of your USB-dongle option.
In case you already have the latest version of AnyLogic, choose Help > Update Dongle... from the main menu. You will see the Dongle update dialog box.
- Using the button Browse... choose the .ld file you have received by e-mail and click Next.
- If the update was successful, you will see the corresponding message. Click Finishto complete the operation. The information about the support service license’s expiration date is updated in your AnyLogic, and you can continue using the services provided by this license.
If your AnyLogic is activated using Team License, having purchased the renewal, you get the software update file by e-mail. First, you need to update information on the USB dongle used by the Team License Server and then to update licenses used by target computers.
Having received the dongle update file, open the web console of your company’s AnyLogic License Server.
- Go to the update dongle section in the bottom of the console.
- Choose the update file using the button Choose... .
- Upload the file by clicking Upload.
- Then all the users should do the following on their target computers: drop the leased license, and then lease the license from the AnyLogic Team License Server again. New license will have renewed Maintenance and Support Service License, so the users will be able to continue using the services provided by this license.
To get information about your AnyLogic license
Choose Help > About AnyLogic from the main menu. You will see the About AnyLogic dialog box. Here you can see the information about your license: its type, the AnyLogic version number, Support Services license’s expiration date, etc.
How can we improve this article?