AnyLogic supports intelli-sense mechanism. This significantly simplifies typing code since you do not need to type the whole names of functions, variables, and parameters. You can use the intelli-sense wizard to insert a variable name or a call of a function.
The wizard looks as a list, containing variables, parameters, and functions. You can simply select the name in the list, and it will be inserted in the expression automatically.
To insert a name using the code completion master
- Move cursor at the position where you want to place the element's name.
Press Ctrl + Space (Mac OS: Option + Space). The wizard listing all model variables and predefined functions appears.
- Scroll to the name you want to add, or type the first letters of the name until it becomes visible in the list.
- Select the name by clicking. The wizard displays the detailed description of the selected object in the popup text box.
- Double-click the name to insert it into the equation expression.
Some tips for using code completion
- You can use the mouse or the keyboard (Up Arrow, Down Arrow, Page Up, Page Down, Home, End, Enter) to navigate and select lines in the list.
- If you select a line in the content assist list, you can view Javadoc description for that line in the window opened to the right.
- Clicking or pressing Enter on a selected line in the list inserts the selection into the editor.
- You can access specialized content assist features inside Javadoc comments.
How can we improve this article?