To open an existing model
- Click the Open button on the toolbar.
- Alternatively, you can choose File > Open… from the main menu, or press Ctrl + O (macOS: Cmd + O).
- The Open dialog box appears.
- Browse to the model file you want to open.
- Double-click the file, or click it and click the Open button.
AnyLogic can open multiple models at once. When you open a new model, it is added to the current workspace. At startup, AnyLogic opens all models present in the workspace.
AnyLogic provides easy access to recently opened models.
To open a recently opened model
- Select File > Recently Opened Models from the main menu
- This opens the submenu with the list of recently opened models. Select the model you want to open from the list.
To open an example model
- Select Help > Example Models from the main menu.
- You will see the welcome page with the Example Models tab open. Select the example you want by clicking its name in the list on the right.
To open a model saved in a previous version of AnyLogic
If the model was saved in a previous version of AnyLogic 8:
- Open the model as described above. No further action is required.
If the model was saved in AnyLogic 7:
Open the model with any version of AnyLogic 8 prior to 8.8.2 (8–8.8.1).
If you don’t have this version of the product, contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Save the model by clicking the Save button on the toolbar.
- Open the model using the current version of AnyLogic.
How can we improve this article?