To activate AnyLogic
- Download and install AnyLogic
- Open AnyLogic Activation Wizard
- Provide USB dongle to activate AnyLogic.
To download and install AnyLogic
- Go to Download AnyLogic web page and download the AnyLogic edition that you want to install.
- Run the downloaded executable file and follow the installation wizard instructions.
To open AnyLogic Activation Wizard
- Start AnyLogic.
- If your product hasn’t been licensed yet, AnyLogic Activation Wizard opens automatically.
- Otherwise (for example, if you’ve been evaluating AnyLogic and want to switch to permanent license), open AnyLogic Activation Wizard by choosing Help > Activate Product from AnyLogic menu.
To activate AnyLogic using USB dongle
- Insert your dongle into any empty USB slot of your computer.
- Start AnyLogic.
- If your product haven’t been licensed yet, AnyLogic Activation Wizard will open automatically. Otherwise (for example, if you’ve been evaluating AnyLogic and want to switch to permanent license), open AnyLogic Activation Wizard by choosing Help > Activate Product from AnyLogic menu.
In the AnyLogic Activation Wizard, select Use a USB Dongle to activate AnyLogic... option and click Next.
- If you are activating AnyLogic using this dongle for the first time, enter the PIN code for this dongle in the PIN field. You should have received this code when you were purchasing the AnyLogic license. We use PIN-code activation to prevent the illegal use of our dongles.
- If AnyLogic has been successfully activated, you will see a confirmation message on the next page of the activation wizard.
- Click Finish and start using AnyLogic!
Whenever you need to use AnyLogic on a different computer (say, your home laptop) you can remove the dongle from your work machine and activate AnyLogic on another computer using the scenario described above.
When AnyLogic Support Services License expires, you can renew it by purchasing another year of maintenance and technical support. Having purchased the Support Services License renewal, you will need to update the information about the license expiration date in your AnyLogic.
To update USB dongle
- After you have renewed the support service license, you will receive a confirmation e-mail with an .ld file attached. The name of the file should correspond to the number of your USB dongle.
- Save the attached file to a folder on your computer and run AnyLogic.
- Open AnyLogic Activation Wizard by choosing Help > Activate Product from AnyLogic menu
- In the AnyLogic Activation Wizard choose Update the firmware of your USB dongle option and click Next.
- In the displayed USB Dongle Update window, specify the path to the .ld file.
- Insert the dongle into any empty USB slot of your computer and click Next.
- If the updated was successful, you will see the confirmation message. Now the information about the expiration date of your support service license is up to date and you can continue using the services provided by this license.
- Activate AnyLogic using the USB dongle to start working with it again.
To get information about your product license
Choose Help > About AnyLogic from the main menu. This opens About AnyLogic dialog. Here you can see the owner and the expiration date for the current license.
How can we improve this article?