Libraries are collections of agents developed for some particular application area or modeling task. You can develop a set of reusable agents and Java classes for a particular application area, package them and save as a library. Such custom library can be opened in the palette view along with the standard ones. This way you can share a customized simulation solution within a team of modelers, or deliver it to your clients.
Libraries have several benefits:
- By developing the right library, you can convert AnyLogic into a high-level modeling tool with point-and-click interface for a specific domain.
- Provide for better reuse of classes across multiple models. A class can be developed and stored once and referenced from several models.
- Libraries enable you to organize teamwork in AnyLogic projects: a part of the model developed by a team member may be put into a library, and others use consistent versions of the library in their work.
A library is actually a model, which is compiled and packed into a Java archive. Any model can be made a library. To convert a model to a library:
- Create a library.
- Customize the library attributes using the Library editor.
- Export the library.
- Add the library to AnyLogic workspace.
How can we improve this article?