- Export models as standalone Java applications
- Java level debugger
- Integration with version control software
- Extended set of interactive UI elements
- Rich experiment framework
- Saving and restoring the model snapshot
- Easy integration with databases, spreadsheets, and text files
- Import of CAD drawings in DXF format
AnyLogic Professional edition is the ultimate solution for development of large and complex simulation models and sophisticated animations, embedding models into various IT environments, and creating and using custom libraries for specific application areas. The Professional edition includes all features of AnyLogic PLE plus the following options.
You can export your models as Java applications and deploy them on other machines, including servers. Java applications are not subject to security restrictions and can communicate with databases, external files, and other applications. This feature enables you to embed simulation models into larger decision support systems.
As sometimes complex logic in simulation models is programmed in Java, the ability to step through Java code, inspect the variable values, set breakpoints, etc. may significantly speed up the model development. In AnyLogic Professional you can view how the code fields ("extension points") in AnyLogic are mapped to the generated Java source, run models in debug mode, and control their execution from the Debug perspective of AnyLogic IDE.
When a large model is being developed by a team it is essential that the development tool integrates well with version control software. In AnyLogic Professional you can partition the model into components that can be developed in parallel (yet cross-reference each other), store them in different .alp files, add those files into version control software repository (SVN), commit and update them directly from AnyLogic IDE.
In addition to Simulation, Parameter Variation and Optimization experiments available in the PLE Edition, AnyLogic Professional offers Compare Runs, Sensitivity Analysis, Monte Carlo, Calibration, Reinforced Learning, and Custom experiment types. The experiment wizards will help you to configure the experiment UI with charts and control elements, which you can modify later on.
In AnyLogic Professional edition you are able to save the full state of a model (the snapshot) during runtime to a file, restore it at a later time and continue running simulation from the same point.
This feature may be useful in several cases:
- Resilience: when a simulation takes very long time to complete, it may make sense to save its state periodically so that you do not have to start everything from scratch when e.g. the computer crashes.
- Skipping warm-up period: if you plan to run several scenarios with a simulation that differ only after the model warms up, you may run the model up to the end of its warm-up period only once, save the state, and then reload it for every scenario.
- Running distributed simulations: many parallel/distributed simulation frameworks require the ability to roll-back the model to some previous state (checkpoint). This may be needed to synchronize the clocks of concurrent simulations when one of them happens to "run too far".
- Any other case when you need to refer to a particular state of the model without running the simulation from the initial state.
AnyLogic model snapshot implementation is based on Java serialization mechanism.
In addition to the generic Database, Excel File, and Text File elements available in AnyLogic PLE (Connectivity palette), the Professional edition offers a set of easy-to-use objects for performing frequent operations, e.g.: reading object parameters from a spreadsheet, populating an agent based model reading from a database containing individual agent properties, inserting a row into a table, writing simulation output into particular fields, reading and writing information from/to text files, etc. No SQL or JDBC knowledge is required.
CAD drawings can serve both as animation background and as a markup basis for "layout-aware" models (such as Network-Based models or pedestrian models). In AnyLogic Professional you can include vector drawings in DXF format just like any other shapes or images, choose visible layers, scale and control their properties at runtime.
How can we improve this article?