Each model element can have a descriptive text associated with it to make the model easier to understand. We recommend you to take special note of the future reuse of the model. Add comprehensive descriptions to the model elements. Keep them simple, flexible, and independent one from another as much as possible.
To set an element description
- Select the model element.
- Enter your text on the Description section of the element properties.
AnyLogic now can generate the documentation on the model, which includes the complete structured information about all model elements: agents, statecharts, flowcharts, events, graphics, etc. with their properties and descriptions. The documentation is available in all most popular formats: PDF, DOCX, and HTML. It can be printed, attached to other documents, published on the web.
To generate a document with documentation
- Right-click (Mac OS: Ctrl + click) the model item in the Projects view and choose Create Documentation... from the context menu.
The Create Model Documentation wizard will be opened.
- Specify the name of the document file in the Document name edit box.
- Specify the location of the file. Browse for the existing folder using the Browse button, or type the name of the folder you want to create in the Location edit box.
- Select the format of the document file (PDF, DOCX, HTML).
- Choose the Orientation: Portrait, or Landscape.
- Choose the Paper size and click Next.
- On the second page of the wizard choose the model elements you want to include in the documentation. In the left pane you select agents, experiments, and other elements of the top level of the model hierarchy. In the right pane you select the categories of graphical elements that you want to see in the documentation.
Click Finish. You will see the generated model documentation opened in the system editor:
How can we improve this article?