Modeling approach: agent-based
Features:agent population agent type agent movement statechart 3D inheritance function variable
Let us build a model simulating how a maintenance center services wind turbines. There are 25 turbines, placed randomly in continuous space, that require maintenance.
There are two types of maintenance activities:
- Periodic maintenance:
- Should be done once every two weeks.
- Maintenance crew reaches the turbine by truck.
- Service time is 10 hours.
- Emergency failure repairs:
- Mean time between failures equals 50 days.
- Maintenance crew reaches the turbine by helicopter.
- Service time is uniformly distributed from 10 to 20 hours.
Wind turbines are serviced by one maintenance center. Center has a fleet of 2 helicopters and 5 trucks.
Optionally you can consider activity-based costing, adding costs per crew, adding part replacement logic with parts of different costs, etc.
How can we improve this article?