Since version 7.2, each AnyLogic model now has a built-in fully integrated database to read input data and write simulation output. Export the database with the model, it is as portable and cross-platform as the model itself.
With the new database, you can:
- Read parameter values and configure models
- Create parameterized agent populations,
- Generate entity arrivals in the process models,
- Import data from other databases or Excel spreadsheets and store it in the readily available form,
- Log flowchart activities, events, statechart transitions, message passing, and agent biographies,
- View resource utilization, waiting, processing, and travel times,
- Store and export statistics, datasets, and custom logs.
Before the implementation of the built-in model database, these tools allowed for interacting with external data sources.
To access a database, add a legacy Database element to your model and use it to establish a connection it with an actual database.
Also consider using other connectivity elements:
- Excel File — to read from and write to Excel files
- Text File — to reading from and write to text files
How can we improve this article?