- OS: Linux Ubuntu LTS 18 / 20 / 22
- RAM: 4GB
- CPU: Intel Core i3 or equivalent (Core i5 recommended)
There are no requirements of where License Server needs to be installed relatively to AnyLogic Private Cloud. You can install License Server on the same machine, a different machine in the same network, or on an external machine.
The 8009, 8080, and 8443 ports should be open and available on the License Server machine.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Navigate to the desired directory to download License Server (for example, cd ~/Downloads).
- Create a user account under which the server will run, or choose one of the existing accounts — except you should not use the root account.
- Make sure this user has write permissions in their home directory.
Make sure the openssl library is installed. If it is not — install it. To do that, use the following command:
apt install libssl1.0.2
Check that the 64-bit library folder contains one of the following files or symlinks: libcrypto.so, libcrypto.so.0.9.8, libcrypto.so.1.0.1. If it doesn’t — create the symlink by executing the following command:
ln -s /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcrypto.so.1.0.2 /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcrypto.so
Download the License Server installer using the following command:
sudo wget https://www.anylogic.com/files/ls/anylogic-team-license-server-2.5.20220317.linux.x86_64.tgz.bin
Run the file by executing the following command inside the directory to which you have downloaded the file:
sudo bash anylogic-team-license-server-2.5.20220317.linux.x86_64.tgz.bin
The license agreement will appear on the screen. Please read the license agreement and accept its terms. After that, choose where you want to install License Server.
To answer the following questions, please press Enter to apply the default user and folder, or specify the respective names after  brackets:
- Do you agree to the above license terms? [yes or no] Yes
- Under which user account run AnyLogic Team License Server? [<current_username>]
- In which directory do you want to install AnyLogic Team License Server? [/opt]
- Open AnyLogic License Server in a browser on the server machine or navigate to http://<hostname>:8080 in a browser on another device. You should see the following message: service is not running / license is missing.
Login with the default credentials:
- Login: admin
- password: admin
Choose Request Key, fill in the form, then click Send.
If your key request has failed, please copy and paste the generated key (the string chain shown in the screenshot above) into an email and send it to our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful key request:
Failed key request:
Make sure to paste the key itself into the email — not just a screenshot.
- Successful key request:
When you receive an unlock key by email, please copy it to the clipboard. Click Enter Key, paste the key, then click Unlock.
If the activation is successful, the main page will open up:
Check the Private Cloud Lite Server IP field highlighted on the image above.
If you do not see this line, please contact our support team at email@example.com.
Having purchased the Private Cloud license, you automatically get one year of maintenance and support service for free. When this support service license gets expired, you may purchase its prolongation normally. Please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate the process. We will send you the software update file by email.
To renew the maintenance and support service license on the dongleless server
- Go to http://<hostname>:8080 in your web browser.
- Click Request Key.
- Fill in the suggested form. Make sure to specify an appropriate Order ID.
- Click Send.
- If the information you’ve supplied is correct, you will receive an unlock key by email. Click Enter key, paste the key, then click Unlock.
How can we improve this article?